Senior Software Engineer, Sports and News Core Platform立即申请 稍后申请 Job ID 825899BR 工作地点-国家/地区 布里斯托尔, 康乃狄克州, 美国; 伯班克, 加利福尼亚州, 美国 工作发布公司 Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution; 发布日期 Jul. 28, 2021
As a member of a diverse and talented organization, the software engineer crafts elegant and extensible solutions, at scale, using modern frameworks and technologies to deliver the foundation that powers the products our guests and fans use every day. Products like; Disney+, ESPN+, ESPN, National Geographic, ABC News, ABC Entertainment, FX and DisneyNow.
- Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex puzzles
- Have the curiosity to research and learn new technologies
- Employ positive thinking and are able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
- Are passionate about software development
- Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
- Love working in a startup culture
Working at Disney is unlike anything else. We have the latest technology, game-changing ideas, and world-class talent. Come be a part of our team and help us find new ways to interact with users, however and wherever they connect with our brands.
As a member of the Content and Data Engineering team, you will build and support the data pipelines behind the live processing of our core systems, build and support the Core APIs that power the products across our brands and build and support the tools and systems around our Core Software. As a software engineer you will be responsible for extensible solutions, at scale, and advancing our platform onto modern frameworks and technologies. You will interact with numerous teams to define scalable workflows in and out of the pipeline, providing a strong foundation for many products. Examples include live scoring, content distribution, content/sports/elections APIs, and taxonomies supporting products for Disney+, ESPN+, ESPN, National Geographic, ABC News, ABC Entertainment, FX and DisneyNow.
- Participate in the design and implementation of multi-layered systems delivering high throughput consumer facing experiences
- Collaborate & troubleshoot with the rest of the team in the analysis and resolution of hard engineering problems involving high trafficked web application services and API’s. Oversee service performance, scalability, and event planning requirements
- Provide guidance and enforcement of development practices and processes. Review code and work with junior engineers to ensure product and design specifications are met
- Research and learn new technologies
- Proven Experience with Java and open-source technologies like Spring, Tomcat, MySQL, Kafka, Elastic Search, etc.
- Experience with cloud-based technologies such as AWS EC2, ECS, SQS, S3, Lambda, CloudFormation, etc.
- Exposure to full lifecycle of application development, including best practices of unit testing, code reviews, documentation, etc.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse scope of software and database projects requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving. Strong analytical skills as well as solid capabilities for debugging and troubleshooting.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
- 4+ years relevant industry experience
关于 Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
关于 The Walt Disney Company:
华特迪士尼公司连同其子公司和关联公司，是一家领先的多元化国际家庭娱乐和媒体公司，拥有以下业务板块：媒体网络、乐园和度假区、影视娱乐、消费产品和互动媒体。它从 20 世纪 20 年代的一家小型卡通工作室，一跃发展成为当今娱乐业中的翘楚，可谓是家喻户晓。迪士尼公司非常荣幸地继续秉承其传统，为每位家庭成员打造世界一流的故事和体验。迪士尼的故事、人物和经历吸引了世界各地的消费者和游客。我们在 40 多个国家及地区经营业务，我们的员工和演职人员携手努力，打造在全世界和当地都备受钟爱的娱乐体验。
此职位隶属于 Disney Streaming Technology LLC，即我们称为 Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution 的业务部门的一部分。
Disney Streaming Technology LLC 奉行机会均等原则。所有应聘者，不论种族、肤色、宗教信仰、性别、民族出身、性取向、性别认同、残疾状况或受保护的退伍军人身份，均有机会获得聘用。Disney 营造健康向上的企业文化，确保每个人的想法和决策都能帮助我们发展、革新、创作出色故事，同时紧跟日新月异的时代步伐。