R&D Virtual Production Engineer San Francisco, CA立即申请 稍后申请 Job ID oXoagfwv 工作地点-国家/地区 旧金山, 加利福尼亚州, 美国 工作发布公司 Industrial Light & Magic; 发布日期 Jul. 10, 2021
We are looking for engineers to join our Virtual Production R&D team, to help us advance the state of the art in real time virtual production technology for major motion pictures and television.
We’re looking for engineers with experience in-camera vfx, performance capture, real-time visualization, retargeting and/or complex systems integration. We need people with a keen interest in making production-worthy tools for artists, and with the drive to put them into action on our upcoming slate of exciting shows.
What You’ll Do
- Work in a collaborative, distributed team of full-time software engineers, and work directly with highly specialized and supremely talented artists, in ILM’s studios in San Francisco, Singapore, Vancouver, London, and Sydney
- Develop innovative algorithms and techniques, based on the latest in virtual production technology
- Design artist-friendly user interfaces and automated batch processes that scale to high volume visual effects production
- Integrate commercial and open-source systems into the ILM production pipeline; work with external organizations such as Disney Research, and with commercial software and hardware vendors
- Work within and extend and support ILM’s proprietary software systems
- Split time between long-term software development projects and day-to-day production support
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- Previous experience in VFX or similar digital production facility
- Proficiency with realtime workflows and virtual production technology is desirable
- On set experience is desirable
- An intuitive sense of the demands of a fast-paced, creatively-driven visual effects production environment
- A readiness to trust others, be trustworthy, and play nice
- An ability to express yourself concisely, a willingness to speak up, and a conviction to keep everyone informed of progress and issues
- An ability to listen intently and understand artists’ needs
- Creativity: an insightful and analytical thinker, and a creative problem solver
- Expert knowledge of programming in C++ and Python on Linux
- Thorough knowledge of technology related to animation and performance capture: character rigging, geometric deformations, dynamic simulation, computer vision, etc.
- Experience designing interfaces using GUI toolkits: Qt, PyQt/PySide, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of software design/development principles: design patterns, object-oriented design, agile development, etc.
- Experience working with a large, complex, mature, and dynamic code base
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
关于 Industrial Light & Magic:
ILM 由 George Lucas 于 1975 年创立，是全球领先特效
制作公司，为电影、广告制作和景点行业提供服务。ILM 已为超过 325 部剧情片提供视觉特效，深度参与过全球
票房排行前 10 的热片中 7 部电影的制作，并参与制作了 25 部排行前 50 的影片。ILM 为视觉特效树立了标准，
关于 The Walt Disney Company:
华特迪士尼公司连同其子公司和关联公司，是一家领先的多元化国际家庭娱乐和媒体公司，拥有以下业务板块：媒体网络、乐园和度假区、影视娱乐、消费产品和互动媒体。它从 20 世纪 20 年代的一家小型卡通工作室，一跃发展成为当今娱乐业中的翘楚，可谓是家喻户晓。迪士尼公司非常荣幸地继续秉承其传统，为每位家庭成员打造世界一流的故事和体验。迪士尼的故事、人物和经历吸引了世界各地的消费者和游客。我们在 40 多个国家及地区经营业务，我们的员工和演职人员携手努力，打造在全世界和当地都备受钟爱的娱乐体验。