Principal Counsel, Compliance立即申请 稍后申请 Job ID 10079109 工作地点-国家/地区 上海, 中国内地 工作发布公司 Disney Star; 发布日期 2024/02/28
LOB & Job description Summary
The Global Ethics and Compliance Management team is responsible for developing and promulgating the standards pursuant to which The Walt Disney Company and its affiliated entities do business, developing and implementing anti-corruption policies and procedures, trade compliance and training Company employees regarding the Standards of Business Conduct, and anti-corruption.
The Principal Counsel for North Asia (China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea and Japan) will support, and report to, the Assistant General Counsel for Asia Pacific in administering the Company’s compliance program, provide training, provide legal advice and counsel regarding global anti-corruption and trade control laws, assist in performing anti-corruption and trade compliance risk assessments, and help oversee anti-corruption and trade compliance diligence and monitoring regimes.
Advice and Counsel
- Lead advisor for assigned region on all compliance matters.
- Provide compliance counsel regarding gifts, entertainment, and hospitality.
- Provide counsel regarding enhancements to the Company’s compliance efforts.
- Design and implement compliance risk mitigation strategies.
- Conduct an annual compliance risk assessment designed to identify potential areas of new or changing risk and gaps in the compliance program. Prepare and effectively implement plans to address any identified deficiencies.
- Collaborate with various business and legal stakeholders to support assigned business lines.
- Monitor legal and regulatory developments, assessing the potential impact for global stakeholders, supporting, and advising on implementation strategies to comply with legal and regulatory changes.
- Ensure an adequate response to identified issues and allegations of improper conduct in the business, including by assisting on internal investigations as appropriate and in collaboration with other key stakeholders including, among others, Management Audit, Legal, Human Resources, Employee Relations and Security.
Research and Due Diligence
- Performing due diligence regarding third parties, potential joint-ventures, and acquisitions.
- Managing compliance workflows, specifically, assessing levels of risk, implementing controls, and tracking due diligence, training, contracts, and approvals of third parties.
- Managing various legal research platforms and other systems to conduct due diligence.
Training and Awareness
- Providing training to Company employees, and others, regarding the Standards of Business Conduct, anti-corruption, and trade.
- Deliver tailored and targeted training designed to educate executive management and others as needed regarding the potential risks associated regional businesses and effective risk management and mitigation.
- Undertaking special projects and other compliance related initiatives as needed.
- Provide regular reporting to the department leaders and other stakeholders.
- Travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Undertake special projects and other compliance related initiatives as needed.
- Effectively providing direction to and mentoring compliance professionals and direct reports.
The Experience we Require from You
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in law firm, government agency or in-house with significant experience with anti-corruption compliance.
- Experience setting priorities and multi-tasking.
- Committed to creating and promoting an inclusive environment.
- Must be team-oriented and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a solution-oriented, problem-solving approach to issues.
- Self-starter who works well independently, with some supervision, as well as in a team, in a rapidly changing workplace that requires flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze issues, evaluate risk and exercise sound legal judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver training and outreach to colleagues from a variety of professional, linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent presentation and communications experience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as Public Policy; Human Resources; Government Relations; and, Internal Audit to coordinate compliance program and initiatives.
- Ability to work in an environment with a high degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Law degree from an accredited law school. Admission to Bar or qualified to be admitted as Registered In-House Counsel.
The following attributes will be highly regarded:
- Ability to read, speak and draft documents in one or more languages other than English in North Asia, viz., Chinese, Korean or Japanese.
- Familiarity with issues around anti-corruption laws, trade laws, disciplinary processes, internal investigations, etc. in North Asia.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
关于 Disney Star:
关于 The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company（及其分公司和附属公司）是一家行业领先的多元化国际家庭娱乐和媒体企业，拥有以下业务板块：Disney Entertainment，ESPN，Disney Parks 以及 Experiences and Products。从 20 世纪 20 年代的一家小型卡通工作室，一跃发展成为当今娱乐业中的翘楚，Disney 非常荣幸地继续秉承其传统，为每位家庭成员打造世界一流的故事和体验。Disney 的精彩故事、生动人物形象以及丰富体验吸引了世界各地的消费者和游客。我们在 40 多个国家及地区经营业务，我们的员工和演职人员携手努力，打造在全世界和当地都备受钟爱的娱乐体验。
此职位隶属于 Star India Pvt Ltd (SIPL)，即我们称为 Disney Star 业务的一部分。
This position is with Star India Pvt Ltd (SIPL)，which is part of a business we call Disney Star.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.
您理解并同意，当您在本网站提交位于中国内地的工作的申请时，您和本工作申请相关的个人信息将会被分享给The Walt Disney Family of Companies的其他成员且储存在中国内地以外的地区或国家。 The Walt Disney Family of Companies将遵守适用的信息保护法规和The Walt Disney Company招聘隐私政策