Layout Artist Sydney, Australia立即申请 稍后申请 职位ID oeCyafwi 工作地点-国家/地区 悉尼, 新南威尔士州, 澳大利亞 工作发布公司 Industrial Light & Magic; 发布日期 Nov. 12, 2020
ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a Layout Artist to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The Layout Artist is responsible for creating camera moves and rough blocking animation within a digital environment. Layout Artists work closely with the Animation Director and Visual Effects Supervisor to establish composition, timing, and continuity for each shot. When live-action photography is involved, the Layout Artist accurately recreates the set, camera moves, and actor performances to allow for seamless effects integration. In the CG Layout process, Camera matchmoves and original CG camera moves are integrated to create the framework of each Sequence. In some cases a sequence might be entirely Computer Generated with no live action background elements. The Layout Artist works as part of the larger layout team which acts as a central hub for all shot preparation to ensure continuity and camera accuracy in CG Elements.
- Performs matchmoving duties such as camera tracking, character matching (matchanim), solving lens distortion, deformation matching of surfaces, solving native stereo plates.
- Responsible for multi-plate splicing and stitching, adding creative plate post-moves, creative stereo (i.e. Technical layout)
- Responsible for Previz, postviz and techviz (prep for location shooting or ride development); Process inbound/outbound moco data
- Photomodels, performs environment/scene setup verifying correct assets are being used, edit ranges are correct, and generating initial data for downstream artists including animation/TDs/comp, lidar processing, set dressing (i.e. Scene setup)
- Creates creative camera work for non-plate shots and camera takeover shots; originate entirely CG camera animation (i.e. CG camera work)
- Solve facial animation from face cams (i.e. face-capture)
- Under the direction of the project Supervisors, setup the technical and aesthetic approaches of the matchmove work for a shot, sequence, or an entire aspect of a show
- Convert background plates to various formats to use with specific software to create digital motion files that match the plate photography; animate any live action character or relative object in the scene
- Model the set geometry used to create the matchmove and environment for Animators and Technical Directors
- Light, render and composite files with the background to judge the move
- Required Skills / Technical Competencies:
- Ability to reproduce exact camera moves within a computer environment.
- Understanding of photography and the effects of different lenses on perspectives.
- Good written and oral communication skills including strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills including the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux, Maya, 3dEqualizer (or other tracking software) required. Knowledge of Nuke is a plus.
- Maintain an expert level of knowledge about current developments in matchmove tools for computer graphics, especially in areas that relate to the film industry.
- Must have a willingness to learn new tools, proven ability to be detail-oriented and to work efficiently within a production environment.
Preferred Skills / Competencies:
- Location and/or Stage experience including matchmove set ups; data wrangling; hdr/digimatte/texture/pmodel photography; lidar scanning; lens grid filming; on-stage (real-time) camera capture/assistance.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; 3+ years’ experience as an artist, animator, or camera operator.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.undefined
关于 Industrial Light & Magic:
ILM 由 George Lucas 于 1975 年创立，是全球领先特效
制作公司，为电影、广告制作和景点行业提供服务。ILM 已为超过 325 部剧情片提供视觉特效，深度参与过全球
票房排行前 10 的热片中 7 部电影的制作，并参与制作了 25 部排行前 50 的影片。ILM 为视觉特效树立了标准，
关于 The Walt Disney Company:
华特迪士尼公司连同其子公司和关联公司，是一家领先的多元化国际家庭娱乐和媒体公司，拥有以下业务板块：媒体网络、乐园和度假区、影视娱乐、消费产品和互动媒体。它从 20 世纪 20 年代的一家小型卡通工作室，一跃发展成为当今娱乐业中的翘楚，可谓是家喻户晓。迪士尼公司非常荣幸地继续秉承其传统，为每位家庭成员打造世界一流的故事和体验。迪士尼的故事、人物和经历吸引了世界各地的消费者和游客。我们在 40 多个国家及地区经营业务，我们的员工和演职人员携手努力，打造在全世界和当地都备受钟爱的娱乐体验。