Journalist, Race & Culture Unit (Walt Disney Television)立即申请 稍后申请 职位ID 763281BR 工作地点-国家/地区 德罕, 北卡罗来纳州, 美国 工作发布公司 Walt Disney Television; 发布日期 Nov. 18, 2020
The multi-skilled journalists will be based at each of the OTV stations (New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Houston, Raleigh-Durham and Fresno) and work directly with the newsroom management teams and decision makers to select and create content. The journalists will be part of the editorial decision-making process as it relates to story assignments, sourcing subjects featured in stories and developing community relationships to expand the diversity of voices included in our storytelling. Each journalist may be assigned specific beats with a goal of local and national distribution of the content across all OTV platforms. In addition, journalists will work closely with the ABC News Race & Culture Unit to identify areas of collaboration.
In addition, the journalists will work across the group and meet daily with the Executive Producers of Race & Culture to identify mission appropriate topics, stories and series for journalistic exploration and match with content creators throughout the organization.
- Lead and facilitate diversity & inclusion editorial discussions in your respective newsrooms.
- The ideal candidates will be responsible for offering creative and innovative ideas for better story-telling as well as have the ability to work under deadline. They will also collaborate with other stations and teams for joint projects or special features and brainstorm different story angles and ways to increase social media presence. Understanding of digital platforms and social media preferred.
- 5 years of journalism experience; Significant experience producing longform content
- Must have the proven ability to take a story from concept to completion, including researching, interviewing, shooting, producing, writing, editing and presenting across all platforms
- Significant reporting experience and sources in the area of Race & Culture
- Candidates must be able to effectively manage story assignments and production in addition to collaborating with the Race & Culture Executive Producers and multiskilled journalists across OTV’s 8 markets
- Insatiable curiosity - you just have to dig deeper to find the truth
- Strong editorial judgement
- Tenacity to pitch the stories you believe in
- Experience performing well under pressure
- A pro at social media and other digital tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
关于 Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) 重新定义传媒和娱乐的未来。WDT 提供令人惊叹的创意、精彩纷呈的故事、极具开创性的技术、影响力巨大的营销和创新式发行，这里有众多机遇，供您发展事业，为世界带来欢愉和资讯。作为 The Walt Disney Company 的重要组成部分以及全球备受推崇的垂直整合传媒企业，WDT 囊括全球真人电影和动画娱乐、新闻、自有电视台，以及广播电台等业务。如果您有兴趣加入我们人才济济的专业团队，我们想听听您的故事。
关于 The Walt Disney Company:
华特迪士尼公司连同其子公司和关联公司，是一家领先的多元化国际家庭娱乐和媒体公司，拥有以下业务板块：媒体网络、乐园和度假区、影视娱乐、消费产品和互动媒体。它从 20 世纪 20 年代的一家小型卡通工作室，一跃发展成为当今娱乐业中的翘楚，可谓是家喻户晓。迪士尼公司非常荣幸地继续秉承其传统，为每位家庭成员打造世界一流的故事和体验。迪士尼的故事、人物和经历吸引了世界各地的消费者和游客。我们在 40 多个国家及地区经营业务，我们的员工和演职人员携手努力，打造在全世界和当地都备受钟爱的娱乐体验。
此职位隶属于 WTVD Television, LLC，即我们称为 Walt Disney Television 的业务部门的一部分。
WTVD Television, LLC 奉行机会均等原则。所有应聘者，不论种族、肤色、宗教信仰、性别、民族出身、性取向、性别认同、残疾状况或受保护的退伍军人身份，均有机会获得聘用。Disney 营造健康向上的企业文化，确保每个人的想法和决策都能帮助我们发展、革新、创作出色故事，同时紧跟日新月异的时代步伐。