ILMxLAB Environment Art Manager San Francisco, CA立即申请 稍后申请 Job ID oVoTgfwc 工作地点-国家/地区 旧金山, 加利福尼亚州, 美国 工作发布公司 Industrial Light & Magic; 发布日期 Oct. 18, 2021
DescriptionILMxLAB builds immersive experiences for Virtual and Augmented Reality and other emerging platforms. Our mission is to tell stories in new ways that leverage real-time graphics on ultra high-end hardware. We combine techniques from film VFX production with techniques from the video game industry to produce real-time experiences of the highest fidelity.
The role of the Environment Supervisor is to lead a team of exceptional artists by both personally setting the bar in terms of skill-level, and managing each artist’s individual performance.
What You’ll Do
- Supervise a team of Environment Artists to accomplish ILMxLAB’s mission. Develop and hone the team’s skills to continuously raise the quality bar.
- Set the discipline’s standard for artistic and technical excellence, efficiency and performance by creating exemplary environment art assets that meets project requirements, and providing training and guidance to direct reports.
- Handle casting of artists to project or task assignments. Partner with Talent Management for opportunities to utilize artists in different ways.
- Engage in regular conversations with artists to give performance feedback, gauge individuals’ interests and support their career aspirations, including cross-functional skill-building. Perform management duties such as annual performance reviews.
- Set the cultural tone & reinforce positive behavior within your group. Work with studio leadership to define and continually refine and shape ILMxLAB’s culture.
- Partner with Talent Resource Managers on talent planning and casting artists to project assignments. Act as hiring manager and liaise with the Recruiting team when new staff are needed. Assist resource management in evaluating potential third-party production partners and collaborate with new partners to establish workflows.
- Work with Producers in the planning stages of proposed projects to advise on the scope of the work and make recommendations accordingly.
- Establish process and workflow for the discipline, and collaborate with other discipline supervisors to establish cross-functional workflow with other disciplines.
- Through continuing hands-on creation of environment art on projects, maintain deep knowledge and user experience on workflow and tools. Innovate discipline workflow and keep up to date on new tools/applications/trends in the industry.
- Define the discipline’s ‘Lead Artist’ project role per project. Help project leads solve scope, workflow, etc. issues throughout the project as needed.
- Speak on behalf of the discipline in technology development discussions to ensure that new development aligns with the discipline’s strategy and workflow.
What We’re Looking For
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in game development, digital art, computer graphics, game design, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in game development designing, modeling, and texturing 3D assets on multiple shipped AAA titles.
- Minimum of 3 shipped titles as a Senior level artist or higher.
- Proficiency in major 2D (Photoshop) and 3D computer graphics software applications (Maya/3Ds Max, Zbrush/Mudbox, etc.)
- Experience with Substance Designer/Painter, Mari, WorldMachine, Quixel
- Demonstrated success leading a team of artists on projects
- Extensive experience working with Unreal 3 or 4, including terrain / landscape editing, level streaming set-up and implementation.
- Exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling.
- Excellent eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps of different material types
- Strong paint skills, multi-layered materials and effective texture layout.
- Strong understanding of PBR workflow, materials and lighting.
- Ability to switch between a wide range of styles.
- Experience with source control via Perforce or equivalent.
- Collaborative, team-player attitude: open & receptive to new ideas, constructive criticism, artistic direction and changes.
- Passion for real-time graphics and emerging platforms (VR, AR, etc).
- Experience being responsible for outsourced work
Here are some additional skills and experience that would add to your preparedness for this role:
- Knowledge of 2.5D projections and associated pipelines
- Experience working with photogrammetry
- Experience with Unity, FrostEd, Hammer, Radiant or other level editing tools
- Able to create stylized concept art and illustration
- An appreciation for source control
* A portfolio / reel submission - including a detailed breakdown of your work in each section - is required with all applications.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
关于 Industrial Light & Magic:
ILM 由 George Lucas 于 1975 年创立，是全球领先特效
制作公司，为电影、广告制作和景点行业提供服务。ILM 已为超过 325 部剧情片提供视觉特效，深度参与过全球
票房排行前 10 的热片中 7 部电影的制作，并参与制作了 25 部排行前 50 的影片。ILM 为视觉特效树立了标准，
关于 The Walt Disney Company:
华特迪士尼公司连同其子公司和关联公司，是一家领先的多元化国际家庭娱乐和媒体公司，拥有以下业务板块：媒体网络、乐园和度假区、影视娱乐、消费产品和互动媒体。它从 20 世纪 20 年代的一家小型卡通工作室，一跃发展成为当今娱乐业中的翘楚，可谓是家喻户晓。迪士尼公司非常荣幸地继续秉承其传统，为每位家庭成员打造世界一流的故事和体验。迪士尼的故事、人物和经历吸引了世界各地的消费者和游客。我们在 40 多个国家及地区经营业务，我们的员工和演职人员携手努力，打造在全世界和当地都备受钟爱的娱乐体验。