ILMxLAB Senior Environment Artist San Francisco, CA立即申请 稍后申请 职位ID on7Vcfwl 工作地点-国家/地区 旧金山, 加利福尼亚州, 美国 工作发布公司 Industrial Light & Magic; 发布日期 Jun. 19, 2020
*Remote Work Option Available for the rest of 2020, with potential to relocate Bay Area where this role will eventually be based*
From a galaxy far, far away to other globally-beloved universes, ILMxLAB’s body of work spans multiple award-winning experiences in virtual reality, mixed reality, and more. The team is looking for candidates who are interested in creating the next generation of storytelling for the premium immersive entertainment space powered by real-time graphics.
The ILMxLAB team is on a mission to bring the future of entertainment into the here and now. This spectacular fusion of high end graphics and immersive storytelling means creating unparalleled real-time worlds that exponentially raise the bar for consumer experiences. Making a movie or a game is challenging in its own right, but we hope to continue to push beyond any of those confines. That’s literally why we come to work: It is our great fortune to be standing at this crossroads - unconstrained by a specific title or universe - in a collaborative, highly creative, and highly technical work environment.. We are looking for talented and driven creative technologists, artists and designers to join us.
Have a look at the description below. If it sounds like you, send us your stuff!
- Collaborate with dev team to advance the state of real-time rendered immersive experiences, striving for highest possible visual fidelity and artistic innovation
- Work closely with the design leads to conceptualize, model, dress and light real-time worlds based on related concept art and photographic reference for franchise / IP
- Work with engineering leads & technical artists to establish and maintain performance and memory budget streaming requirements and other run-time requirements
- Establish a thorough understanding of the existing tools and pipelines; experiment / champion opportunities for improvement
- Define and act as a key customer for new technology investments and art pipeline development
- Able to generate art task lists, estimates, schedules, milestones and overall project goals as necessary
- Actively participate in the QA process to identify and fix bugs
- Supervision of junior and mid-level artists, as required
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills / Competencies
- Two or more shipped titles and 5-7+ years of professional experience in game development designing, modeling, and texturing 3D assets using Maya and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D/2D programs).
- Extensive experience working with Unreal 3 or 4, including terrain / landscape editing, level streaming set-up and implementation
- Exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps of different material types
- Strong paint skills, multi-layered materials and effective texture layout.
- Advanced abilities in Z-Brush or Mud Box
- Strong understanding of PBR workflow, materials and lighting.
- Ability to switch between a wide range of styles.
- Collaborative, team-player attitude: open & receptive to new ideas, constructive criticism, direction and changes.
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Passion for game development, and working in VR or AR
- Knowledge of 2.5D projections and associated pipelines
- Experience with Substance Designer / Painter, Mari, WorldMachine, Quixel
- Experience working with photogrammetry
- Experience with Unity, FrostEd, Hammer, Radiant or other level design / editor tools
- Able to create stylized concept art and illustration
- An appreciation for source control
- Experience working with outsourcing
- Previous experience as a lead on a project
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.undefined
关于 Industrial Light & Magic:
ILM 由 George Lucas 于 1975 年创立，是全球领先特效
制作公司，为电影、广告制作和景点行业提供服务。ILM 已为超过 325 部剧情片提供视觉特效，深度参与过全球
票房排行前 10 的热片中 7 部电影的制作，并参与制作了 25 部排行前 50 的影片。ILM 为视觉特效树立了标准，
关于 The Walt Disney Company:
华特迪士尼公司连同其子公司和关联公司，是一家领先的多元化国际家庭娱乐和媒体公司，拥有以下业务板块：媒体网络、乐园和度假区、影视娱乐、消费产品和互动媒体。它从 20 世纪 20 年代的一家小型卡通工作室，一跃发展成为当今娱乐业中的翘楚，可谓是家喻户晓。迪士尼公司非常荣幸地继续秉承其传统，为每位家庭成员打造世界一流的故事和体验。迪士尼的故事、人物和经历吸引了世界各地的消费者和游客。我们在 40 多个国家及地区经营业务，我们的员工和演职人员携手努力，打造在全世界和当地都备受钟爱的娱乐体验。