ILMxLAB Senior Character Artist San Francisco, CA立即申请 稍后申请 职位ID oV6D7fwv 工作地点-国家/地区 旧金山, 加利福尼亚州, 美国 工作发布公司 Industrial Light & Magic; 发布日期 Apr. 28, 2020
*Remote Work Option Available for the rest of 2020, with potential to relocate Bay Area where this role will eventually be based*
From a galaxy far, far away to other globally-beloved universes, ILMxLAB’s body of work spans multiple award-winning experiences in virtual reality, mixed reality, and more. The team is looking for candidates who are interested in creating the next generation of storytelling for the premium immersive entertainment space powered by real-time graphics.
This fusion of high end graphics and immersive storytelling means creating unparalleled real-time worlds that exponentially raise the bar for consumer experiences. We continue to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We are looking for talented and driven technologists, artists and designers to join our collaborative, creative, and highly technical work environment.
Have a look at the description below. If it sounds like you, send us your stuff!
The ILMxLAB Senior Character Artist works closely with the Art and Design departments to conceptualize and build distinctive, memorable, story-driven characters for high-fidelity performances on current and future generation hardware.
- Work closely with the character lead and concept team to conceptualize and model characters and hard surface accessories based on original art and photographic reference.
- Work closely with our look-development team to create and apply textures and materials with aesthetic appreciation for real-world references, run-time lighting and story driven aesthetics.
- Work within the game engine to preview, iterate, optimize and polish models to a quality bar and visual direction as set by the Art Director.
- Work closely with the character technical directors to help define modeling standards for rigging, deformation, and simulation within performance budgets, and other run-time requirements.
- Help set quality standard across the team. Work with more junior level artists and off-site developers creating and aiding direction and feedback.
- Become familiar with new tools, performance capture hardware, software and data, and other related technology. Feed into and help drive new technology investments and pipeline improvements.
- Will be helping drive aspects of the teams’ development process, including stand-ups, meetings, critiques and reviews.
- Work collaboratively with all other disciplines to ensure artwork meets all cross-disciplinary requirements and tasks are scheduled correctly.
Education / Experience
- MFA or equivalent experience required.
- Two or more shipped titles and five+ years of professional experience working in video games, film, feature animation, or other related fields.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Advanced abilities in Maya, Z-Brush or Mud Box and Photoshop. Knowledge of Mari a bonus. Unreal experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and balance multiple tasks at once.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Good understanding of the critiquing process and how to motivate others.
- Demonstrated commitment to creative collaboration in a time-sensitive environment.
- Self motivation and a passion for the VR/AR industry essential.
- Must be adaptive and willing to learn new processes and technical skills with an appreciation for mentoring and teaching others.
Must submit a portfolio or reel demonstrating:
- Excellent understanding of human and animal anatomy, with supporting character and costume designs across multiple styles or genres.
- Strong aesthetic appreciation for composition, proportion, mass and volume, light, lighting and color.
- 3D sculpting and modeling abilities interpreting 2D concept.
- Strong paint skills, multi-layered materials and effective texture layout.
- Clear examples of how to emulate real-world materials in CG whilst considering hardware performance.
- An understanding of garment tailoring, cloth simulation and mesh construction built to deform in a realistic manner in real-time.
- Examples of additional relevant techniques a bonus (Including facial blendshapes and correctives, pose space deformation shapes, animated wrinkles and normal maps, hair and fur, body kits and accessories).
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.undefined
关于 Industrial Light & Magic:
ILM 由 George Lucas 于 1975 年创立，是全球领先特效
制作公司，为电影、广告制作和景点行业提供服务。ILM 已为超过 325 部剧情片提供视觉特效，深度参与过全球
票房排行前 10 的热片中 7 部电影的制作，并参与制作了 25 部排行前 50 的影片。ILM 为视觉特效树立了标准，
关于 The Walt Disney Company:
华特迪士尼公司连同其子公司和关联公司，是一家领先的多元化国际家庭娱乐和媒体公司，拥有以下业务板块：媒体网络、乐园和度假区、影视娱乐、消费产品和互动媒体。它从 20 世纪 20 年代的一家小型卡通工作室，一跃发展成为当今娱乐业中的翘楚，可谓是家喻户晓。迪士尼公司非常荣幸地继续秉承其传统，为每位家庭成员打造世界一流的故事和体验。迪士尼的故事、人物和经历吸引了世界各地的消费者和游客。我们在 40 多个国家及地区经营业务，我们的员工和演职人员携手努力，打造在全世界和当地都备受钟爱的娱乐体验。