FX Technical Director London, United Kingdom立即申请 稍后申请 职位ID odJF9fwu 工作地点-国家/地区 伦敦, 英格兰, 英国 工作发布公司 Industrial Light & Magic; 发布日期 Apr. 30, 2020
The FX TD generates FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems for feature film visual effects. They are responsible for lighting, rendering and moderate-level compositing of complex shots with guidance from their supervisors.
- Designs and creates FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems
- Light complex/multiple creatures (hairy or furry creatures) and elements
- Can set-up and wrangle heavy particle effects and enormous crowd shots
- Excellent pipeline scripting ability
- Solid compositing ability, can wrangle blue-screen extractions, working knowledge of Nuke
- Can write plug-ins, debug simulations and write set up and surface shaders with proficiency
- Can write/hack procedural surface shaders and volumetric shaders with proficiency
- Can animate moderate objects with proficiency
- Can pick-up new techniques quickly and easily and can debug just about anything
- Sets a standard for all Technical Directors in continually raising the bar for speed, quality of work and adaptability
- Create feature film quality effects using Houdini
- Coaching and mentoring artists in new techniques and efficiencies
Education / Experience
- Proven production experience or feature film experience with effects simulation work
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or computer graphics or equivalent work experience
- Demo reel required
Required Skills / Competencies
- Ability to work with competency, energy and enthusiasm within a team environment with minimal supervision to complete a shot.
- Exhibits excellent listening and communication skills, able to receive direction and criticism
- Excellent presentation/communication skills in dailies/shot review by clearly and briefly outlining what has been accomplished and what next should be addressed in the shot
- Engages in the creative process without ego, and accepts all final decisions with a positive and supportive attitude.
- Demonstrates an excellent aesthetic eye, anticipating potential problems and using knowledge of how to use the tools to achieve the desired look.
- Demonstrates superb problem-solving skills and takes the initiative to offer ideas and suggestions.
- Prioritizes tasks and manages time very well
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Linux and scripting ability in Python
- Experience in MEL
Required Technical Skills / Competencies
- Advanced simulation experience with Houdini, Maya, or other software, and the ability to write expressions
- C++ skills
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
关于 Industrial Light & Magic:
ILM 由 George Lucas 于 1975 年创立，是全球领先特效
制作公司，为电影、广告制作和景点行业提供服务。ILM 已为超过 325 部剧情片提供视觉特效，深度参与过全球
票房排行前 10 的热片中 7 部电影的制作，并参与制作了 25 部排行前 50 的影片。ILM 为视觉特效树立了标准，
关于 The Walt Disney Company:
华特迪士尼公司连同其子公司和关联公司，是一家领先的多元化国际家庭娱乐和媒体公司，拥有以下业务板块：媒体网络、乐园和度假区、影视娱乐、消费产品和互动媒体。它从 20 世纪 20 年代的一家小型卡通工作室，一跃发展成为当今娱乐业中的翘楚，可谓是家喻户晓。迪士尼公司非常荣幸地继续秉承其传统，为每位家庭成员打造世界一流的故事和体验。迪士尼的故事、人物和经历吸引了世界各地的消费者和游客。我们在 40 多个国家及地区经营业务，我们的员工和演职人员携手努力，打造在全世界和当地都备受钟爱的娱乐体验。