Engineering Manager立即申请 稍后申请 职位ID 763472BR 工作地点-国家/地区 纽约, 纽约州, 美国 工作发布公司 Disney Streaming Services; 发布日期 Nov. 29, 2020
Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is looking for a passionate Senior Engineering Manager to lead the Billing Services Backend team.
Disney+ has grown to 60+ million subscribers in just 12 months since its launch in Nov 2019 and is planned to go live in more countries later this year and continue the international expansion for the next few years. The Billing Services team is responsible for tier1 services in the signup flow for Disney+ / ESPN+ and recurring billing of millions of customers, thus having a direct impact on the company’s subscription numbers and revenue. The team is responsible for creating and managing these critical services leveraging a multi-region, highly scalable architecture on AWS.
This team is based out of our New York office and you will be a key Engineering leader helping drive the growth of the team and enhancing/managing our billing platform. You will have an opportunity to learn about the domestic and international landscape along with its challenges in the area of billing and payments as we spread Disney magic around the world.
As an Engineering Leader for the Billing Services team, you will
● Drive the technical vision and evolution of the services owned by the team.
● Lead architectural and design discussions to help the team build highly scalable and critical services in a microservices architecture.
● Work with Product Managers, Product Designers, QA, Support and other cross-functional teams to drive the vision and roadmap for the team.
● Lead and grow the team by hiring and retaining top engineering talent.
● Participate in Agile methodology and SCRUM processes such as Sprint Planning, Backlog grooming, Daily Standups and Retrospectives with the team.
● 5+ years of people management experience.
● Demonstrated success working as a Senior Engineer/Architect of complex distributed tier 1 backend services in the critical path, prior to transitioning into a manager role.
● Experience working with cloud based deployments.
● Experience hiring top engineering talent and making tough decisions.
● Strong partner and communicator with ability to articulate the team vision and technical concepts to cross-functional stakeholders.
● Ability to take decisions in ambiguous situations and a fast paced environment with constantly changing business needs.
● Excellent motivator driving influence and high throughput from the team.
● Passionate about engineering best practices and leading by example.
● Prior experience in Billing and Payments domain.
Nice to haves
● Experience working with Amazon Web Services.
● Prior experience implementing services in a JVM based language (Java/Scala/Kotlin).
关于 Disney Streaming Services:
迪士尼流媒体服务部负责开发和运营华特迪士尼公司的全球直面消费者视频业务，包括 ESPN+ 优质体育流媒体服务；即将推出的迪士尼视频订阅服务；以及 BAMTECH Media，即直面消费者视频流媒体产品和解决方案的全球领导者。我们的核心使命是让全球观众在任何连接设备、时间或地点都可以自由访问内容。通过卓越的直面消费者视频服务，我们将备受全球观众欢迎的角色、经典故事、传奇运动员和盛大体育赛事呈现给世界各地的观众。我们每天都致力于发挥想象力，以创新技术挑战传统，让消费者能够自由访问内容，摆脱任何连接设备、时间或地点的限制。
关于 The Walt Disney Company:
华特迪士尼公司连同其子公司和关联公司，是一家领先的多元化国际家庭娱乐和媒体公司，拥有以下业务板块：媒体网络、乐园和度假区、影视娱乐、消费产品和互动媒体。它从 20 世纪 20 年代的一家小型卡通工作室，一跃发展成为当今娱乐业中的翘楚，可谓是家喻户晓。迪士尼公司非常荣幸地继续秉承其传统，为每位家庭成员打造世界一流的故事和体验。迪士尼的故事、人物和经历吸引了世界各地的消费者和游客。我们在 40 多个国家及地区经营业务，我们的员工和演职人员携手努力，打造在全世界和当地都备受钟爱的娱乐体验。
此职位隶属于 Disney Streaming Technology LLC，即我们称为 Disney Streaming Services 的业务部门的一部分。
Disney Streaming Technology LLC 奉行机会均等原则。所有应聘者，不论种族、肤色、宗教信仰、性别、民族出身、性取向、性别认同、残疾状况或受保护的退伍军人身份，均有机会获得聘用。Disney 营造健康向上的企业文化，确保每个人的想法和决策都能帮助我们发展、革新、创作出色故事，同时紧跟日新月异的时代步伐。