Director, Media Systems Engineering立即申请 稍后申请 职位ID 774125BR 工作地点-国家/地区 伍德蘭市, 德克萨斯州, 美国 工作发布公司 Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution; 发布日期 Feb. 22, 2021
The Director, Media Systems Engineering is responsible for the overall technical readiness of The Woodlands broadcast facility (DC3) core and all related systems, located in The Woodlands, TX. DC3 supports the acquisition and distribution of media for event and studio production for the Disney family of network’s live events and network distribution. This position is directly responsible for the technical design and implementation of systems to meet the needs of our business partners and the growing distribution business. He/she will be responsible for the technical implementation of distribution, conditioning, monitoring and routing infrastructure, among others, throughout the facility and to and from DMED’s other facilities for content ingest and network distribution. This person is expected be intimately familiar with the facility’s operation, as well as acting technical leader of the facility. He or she is required to have comprehensive knowledge of broadcast specific equipment and conventions as well as IT centric solutions and novel approaches to solve traditional broadcast related challenges.
- Responsible for the technical design and implementation of systems to meet the needs of our business partners and the growing distribution business.
- Responsible for the technical implementation of distribution, conditioning, monitoring and routing infrastructure, among others, throughout the facility and to and from DMED’s other facilities for content ingest and network distribution.
- This role is expected be intimately familiar with the facility’s operation, as well as the acting technical leader of the facility.
- Comprehensive knowledge of broadcast specific equipment and conventions, as well as, IT-centric solutions and novel approaches to solve traditional Broadcast related challenges.
- Directs the ongoing engineering design, development, implementation of improved policies and designs to ensure DMED technical standards are met and maintains accurate and reliable transport and manipulation of high-quality audio, video and data streams.
- Directly responsible for the technical performance and associated systems of the facility.
- Maintains a current and active in-depth understanding of all relevant technical systems.
- Collaborates closely with Operations management and key staff to assess the facility’s ability to provide service based on a dynamic event schedule.
- Recommends annual operating and capital budget for new equipment to meet future requirements.
- Maintains a high level of technical proficiency.
- Provides development opportunities for staff to ensure high quality facility reliability levels are achieved.
- Assists in the recruiting of technical, engineering or operations personnel.
- Hires systems integrators to execute capital projects as needed.
- Works in very close collaboration with other engineering teams throughout DMED.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a fast-paced technical broadcast environment.
- 5 years of experience managing individual contributors and supervisors that have responsibility for managing a technical production center.
- Demonstrated experience managing a complex on-air facilities, workflows and staff scheduling requirements.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of television production, OTT and network level technical requirements, standards and solutions.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a Technology related field
关于 Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) 由公司的国际业务 部门和各种直接面对消费者的流媒体服务组成，其将技术、媒体分发和广告营销整合成一个单独的业务部门，旨在为全球消费者创造和提供个性化娱乐体验。
关于 The Walt Disney Company:
华特迪士尼公司连同其子公司和关联公司，是一家领先的多元化国际家庭娱乐和媒体公司，拥有以下业务板块：媒体网络、乐园和度假区、影视娱乐、消费产品和互动媒体。它从 20 世纪 20 年代的一家小型卡通工作室，一跃发展成为当今娱乐业中的翘楚，可谓是家喻户晓。迪士尼公司非常荣幸地继续秉承其传统，为每位家庭成员打造世界一流的故事和体验。迪士尼的故事、人物和经历吸引了世界各地的消费者和游客。我们在 40 多个国家及地区经营业务，我们的员工和演职人员携手努力，打造在全世界和当地都备受钟爱的娱乐体验。
此职位隶属于 Disney Streaming Technology LLC，即我们称为 Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution 的业务部门的一部分。
Disney Streaming Technology LLC 奉行机会均等原则。所有应聘者，不论种族、肤色、宗教信仰、性别、民族出身、性取向、性别认同、残疾状况或受保护的退伍军人身份，均有机会获得聘用。Disney 营造健康向上的企业文化，确保每个人的想法和决策都能帮助我们发展、革新、创作出色故事，同时紧跟日新月异的时代步伐。