Business Affairs Manager, Original Production立即申请 稍后申请 职位ID 770215BR 工作地点-国家/地区 伦敦, 英格兰, 英国 工作发布公司 Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution; 发布日期 Feb. 22, 2021
The Manager Business Affairs will be negotiating commercial deals with external content suppliers and production companies in relation to EMEA Original Productions and Acquisitions for The Walt Disney Company in EMEA. This will include managing negotiations with producers, co-producers, talent representatives, distributors and licensors for original productions, co-productions and pre-acquisitions with talent representatives with an emphasis on negotiation applying best practice and in alignment with The Walt Disney Company international policies and standards.
The successful candidate will create and manage processes, workflows and a framework for deals that are competitive, agile and adhere to the Disney brand values as well as liaising between external and internal stakeholders locally and internationally. This will involve handling negotiations, and support Director of Business and/or Commercial Affairs in negotiating development, talent and production deals, pre-buy deals, as well as coordinating c information flow and approval processes with adjacent departments including Creative, Finance, Production Management, Legal Affairs, Marketing etc., and data input and maintenance in systems relevant to support and police the relevant deals.
It is essential to the success of this role to have either a multi-year experience in business affairs and to have worked on scripted production projects. Ability to interact internally in collaboration with colleagues that account for different functions within the business is key as well as ongoing interaction with the local teams while handling a high volume of deals within short timelines successfully.
Finally, this role will provide key support on fulfilling company standard deal key terms and policies in production, co-production and pre-acquisition deals in order to guarantee consistent conditions in the content business and compliance with Disney standards and procedures.
- Partners with Creative and Production Executives on projects, both in negotiating and greenlighting development and production projects.
- Manages negotiations or supports line managers in deal making with producers and their relevant legal and business affairs departments with the aim to deliver deals on time, on budget and within company standards and creative parameters.
- Facilitates business process between Creative, Legal Affairs as well as other relevant executives and the production company to ensure clear communication and effective translation of vision to production on basis of creative greenlight.
- Creates and revises deal templates for all types of deal making for original productions and acquisitions.
- Manages exchange with local and international Legal Affairs teams – including ongoing development of best practise and setting acceptable precedents.
- Carries out deal management, including data input in Disney deal management systems, maintenance and update of deal data and polices deal timelines.
- Ability to read, interpret and provide solutions on contract drafts, and sync with Production Management, Creative Affairs, Finance and Legal Affairs.
- Ability to read, understand & consult on budgets.
- Understands production guidelines and talent agreements.
- Facilitates development and production greenlights and approvals.
- Vets processes working closely with Production Management and Legal Affairs to ensure that Company policies & standards are met.
- Ability to supervise and track progress on multiple deal negotiations on and off system (incl. deal trackers).
- Manages delivery and of all underlying paperwork, including communication with the production partners to ensure all paperwork is turned around timely.
- Coordinates cost allocation reviews with Finance, Production Management and production executives.
- Consults with Acquisitions, Legal Affairs within and outside EMEA to facilitate Acquisition, Legal Affairs needs with contracts and approval issues.
- Attends and presents at Production, Development, Programming, Finance and Legal meetings.
- Understands the roles and interdependencies of Marketing, Research, Legal Affairs, etc. and develops the relationships within these departments to assure high quality and efficiency.
- Manages internal approval procedures and deal execution.
- Seasoned Manager with solid experience in television production deal making within original programming.
- A thorough knowledge of the current commercial deal-making market.
- Working knowledge of contract drafting.
- Knowledge of contractual key terms and conditions for production, co-production and pre-acquisition deals, talent deals, and chain of title assessment.
- Ability to anticipate potential issues of each step for deal making in production and budgetary issues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to inspire and enthuse producers and build strong collaboration with producers and with production studios worldwide.
- Thorough understanding of European regulatory environment including content and investment quota obligations, in particular for SVOD services.
- Understanding of the pre-production, production, and post-production process.
- Ability to critically assess progress, anticipate production issues, provide solutions and promptly supervise the execution of new measures.
- Exceptionally organised and great attention to detail: ability to evaluate production, co-production and pre-acquisition proposals, underlying rights (chain of title).
- Excellent time and budget management skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritise; and always ‘stay ahead of the game’.
- Flexible and result-oriented: not afraid to challenge the status quo; and pro-active to suggest new approach. Always ready to ‘go the extra mile’.
- Resourceful and strong initiative.
- Excellent negotiation skills, especially in resolving production problems with producers and co-producers, and maintaining Disney’s priority requirement in each production.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of at least one other EU language advantageous.
关于 Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) 由公司的国际业务 部门和各种直接面对消费者的流媒体服务组成，其将技术、媒体分发和广告营销整合成一个单独的业务部门，旨在为全球消费者创造和提供个性化娱乐体验。
关于 The Walt Disney Company:
华特迪士尼公司连同其子公司和关联公司，是一家领先的多元化国际家庭娱乐和媒体公司，拥有以下业务板块：媒体网络、乐园和度假区、影视娱乐、消费产品和互动媒体。它从 20 世纪 20 年代的一家小型卡通工作室，一跃发展成为当今娱乐业中的翘楚，可谓是家喻户晓。迪士尼公司非常荣幸地继续秉承其传统，为每位家庭成员打造世界一流的故事和体验。迪士尼的故事、人物和经历吸引了世界各地的消费者和游客。我们在 40 多个国家及地区经营业务，我们的员工和演职人员携手努力，打造在全世界和当地都备受钟爱的娱乐体验。
此职位隶属于 The Walt Disney Company Ltd.，即我们称为 Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution 的业务部门的一部分。
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. 是一家倡导公平机会的雇主。不论年龄、种族、肤色、宗教或 信仰、性别、国籍、族裔或民族血统、性取向、性别重建、婚姻状况或民事伴侣身份、残疾、怀孕或者生育，申请人均有机会得到聘用。在迪士尼营造出的商业文化中，所有人的想法和决策均可以帮助我们成长、创新，创造精彩故事并与瞬息万变的世界息息相关。